While presenting this story, Bertolucci undertakes nothing less than a visual history of the cinema, employing every style from the earliest days of silent film onward. As the plot advances, the cinematic style grows increasingly modern. Alienation, sexual confusion, Oedipal rage, incredible risks taken to slake momentary lust, betrayal, nice clothes, and lovely interiors: classic Bertolucci themes, fully explored here for the first time. Il Conformista remains one of the most beautiful films and certainly Bertolucci’s most coherent work, an accomplishment of genius. It’s never tedious, pretentious, or overly arty. It can be disturbing as hell.
- ***MONDAY February 24th, 2020 *** The Red Violin*** DIRECTED BY: François Girard*** INTERPRETED BY: Carlo Cecchi, Jean-Luc Bideau, Christoph Koncz
- ***MONDAY February 17th, 2020 7PM (no pot luck) *** Dancer*** DIRECTED BY: Steven Cantor*** INTERPRETED BY: Sergei Polunin, David LaChapelle and Jade Hale-Christofi
- Oscar black tie PARTY 3 pm. SUNDAY feb 9 Cinematiki Maui join us. alohaTom and JJ
- ***MONDAY February 10th, 2020 *** The Tin Drum*** DIRECTED BY: Volker Schlöndorff *** INTERPRETED BY: David Bennent, Mario Adorf and Angela Winkler
- ***MONDAY February 3rd, 2020 *** Jojo Rabbit*** DIRECTED BY: Taika Waititi *** INTERPRETED BY: Roman Griffin Davis, Thomasin McKenzie, Taika Waititi, Rebel Wilson, Stephen Merchant and Alfie Allen