Three Colors: Red (French: Trois couleurs: Rouge, Polish: Trzy kolory. Czerwony) is a 1994 film co-written, produced, and directed by Polish filmmaker Krzysztof Kieślowski. It is the final film of The Three Colors Trilogy, which examines the French Revolutionary ideals; it is preceded by Blue and White. Kieślowski had announced that this would be his final film, which proved true with the director’s sudden death in 1996. Red is about fraternity, which it examines by showing characters whose lives gradually become closely interconnected, with bonds forming between two characters who appear to have little in common.
- Cinematiki will be closed while Tom and Michelle are away. We will return August 21st with some more great films.
- MONDAY July 10th, 2017 *** The Prestige *** directed by Christopher Nolan ** starring Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansson
- MONDAY July 3rd, 2017 *** The Tango Lesson *** directed by Sally Potter ** written by Sally Potter ** starring Sally Potter, Pablo Verón, Morgane Maugran
- MONDAY June 26th, 2017 *** Orlando *** directed by Sally Potter ** starring Tilda Swinton, Billy Zane, Quentin Crisp
- MONDAY June 19th, 2017 *** The Man Who Cried *** directed by Sally Potter ** starring Christina Ricci, Cate Blanchett, Oleg Yankovskiy, Johnny Depp