While presenting this story, Bertolucci undertakes nothing less than a visual history of the cinema, employing every style from the earliest days of silent film onward. As the plot advances, the cinematic style grows increasingly modern. Alienation, sexual confusion, Oedipal rage, incredible risks taken to slake momentary lust, betrayal, nice clothes, and lovely interiors: classic Bertolucci themes, fully explored here for the first time. Il Conformista remains one of the most beautiful films and certainly Bertolucci’s most coherent work, an accomplishment of genius. It’s never tedious, pretentious, or overly arty. It can be disturbing as hell.
- Monday Octorber 23rd, 2017**** La Pointe Courte, Directed by Agnes Varda, Staring Philippe Noiret & Silvia Monfort
- Monday, October 16th, 2017***** ” Cleo From 5-7″, Directed by Agnès Varda, *** with Corinne Marchand, Antoine Bourseiller***
- Monday, October 9th, 2017 ***** “The Great Beauty ” ***** “LA GRANDE BELLEZZA” ***** directed by Paolo SORRENTINO ***** with TONY SERVILLO *****
- MONDAY OCTOBER 2ND, 2017 ***** PADRE PADRONE ***** directed by PAOLO AND VITTORIO TAVIANI TAVIANI BROTHERS *****
- MONDAY SEPTEMBER 25, 2017*****”SCENT OF A WOMAN”*****directed by MARTIN BREST*****interpreted by AL PACINO, CHRIS O’DONELL, PHILLIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN