While presenting this story, Bertolucci undertakes nothing less than a visual history of the cinema, employing every style from the earliest days of silent film onward. As the plot advances, the cinematic style grows increasingly modern. Alienation, sexual confusion, Oedipal rage, incredible risks taken to slake momentary lust, betrayal, nice clothes, and lovely interiors: classic Bertolucci themes, fully explored here for the first time. Il Conformista remains one of the most beautiful films and certainly Bertolucci’s most coherent work, an accomplishment of genius. It’s never tedious, pretentious, or overly arty. It can be disturbing as hell.
- Monday January 15th, 2018 ***Phantom Thread *** Directed by Paul Thomas Anderson *** interpreted by Vicky Krieps, Daniel Day-Lewis, Lesley Manville
- Monday January 8th, 2018 ***Call Me By Your Name *** Directed by Luca Guadagnino*** interpreted by Armie Hammer, Timothée Chalamet, Michael Stuhlbarg
- Monday January 1st, 2018 ***Bread and Tulips *** Directed by Silvio Soldini *** interpreted by Licia Maglietta, Bruno Ganz, Giuseppe Battiston
- *****WISHING ALL OF US HAPPY, LOVING, PEACEFUL HOLIDAYS*****WE’LL BE BACK MONDAY JANUARY 1st. 2018***** JJ & TS
- Monday December 11th, 2017 – Bread and Chocolate **** Directed by Franco Brusati *** interpreted by Nino Manfredi, Anna Karina, Paolo Turco