An emotive journey of a former school teacher, who write letters for illiterate people, and a young boy, whose mother has just died, in search for the father he never knew. This Oscar-nominated drama follows the interplay between Dora and the boy during their journey to Brazil’s remote Northeast region, their bond growing ever stronger with each mile logged.
- WE ARE BACK! *** MONDAY November 11th, 2019 *** Celebrating our 11th Anniversary & JJ’s Birthday! *** “Zama” DIRECTED BY: Lucrecia Martel *** The first in a series of Argentine films.
- Cinematiki will be temporarily closed for a few weeks.
- *** MONDAY October 7th, 2019 *** The Price of Everything *** DIRECTED BY Nathaniel Kahn*** INTERPRETED BY Jeff Koons, Paul Schimmel, and Larry Poons
- *** MONDAY September 30th, 2019 *** The Marriage of Maria Braun *** DIRECTED BY Rainer Werner Fassbinder*** INTERPRETED BY Hanna Schygulla, Klaus Löwitsch, Ivan Desny, and Gisela Uhlen
- *** MONDAY September 23rd, 2019 *** The Lives of Others *** DIRECTED BY Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck *** INTERPRETED BY Ulrich Mühe, Martina Gedeck, Sebastian Koch