- Aloha Cinematikeros !!! …how are you doing ?…my hope for all of us is that in this imposed state of siege called quarentine we are learning on how to sharpen our best human and survival qualities !!!…this too shall pass and we’ll see each other on the other side of paradise !!! with love and Aloha…JJ….
- HEADS UP ! …FOR MONDAY MARCH 16, 2020…
- ***MONDAY March 16th, 2020 *** Loro*** DIRECTED BY: Paolo Sorrentino*** INTERPRETED BY: Toni Servillo, Elena Sofia Ricci and Riccardo Scamarcio
- ***MONDAY March 9th, 2020 *** The Best of Youth*** DIRECTED BY: Marco Tullio Giordana*** INTERPRETED BY: Luigi Lo Cascio, Alessio Boni and Jasmine Trinca
- ***MONDAY March 2nd, 2020 *** The Best of Youth*** DIRECTED BY: Marco Tullio Giordana*** INTERPRETED BY: Luigi Lo Cascio, Alessio Boni and Jasmine Trinca
Brazil By: Terry Gilliam
This entry was posted in Terry Gilliam and tagged Bob Hoskins, Ian Holm, Jonathan Pryce, Katherine Helmond, Kim Greist, Michael Palin, Robert De Niro. Bookmark the permalink.
Having recently dealt with nightmare bureaucracy involving a loan with Sallie Mae that I co-signed for my son and a tragic-comedy spin with the interstices of a credit card company — I found great comic relief with the aspect of “Brazil” that portrayed that insanity so brilliantly. Also, loved all of the exposed gizzards in the walls and the mocking of high society. The men in black barging in became boring, tedious…..and numbing. Maybe that was the point…….?!
Side note: I wonder if “the kids” who left found the technology boring and outdated — considering a similar film in theaters “Inception” and all of the computer graphics. These guys used gobs of actual tubing!!
Side, side note: If this link is hot, click to see some great, recently discovered photos of Brando: