- Aloha Cinematikeros !!! …how are you doing ?…my hope for all of us is that in this imposed state of siege called quarentine we are learning on how to sharpen our best human and survival qualities !!!…this too shall pass and we’ll see each other on the other side of paradise !!! with love and Aloha…JJ….
- HEADS UP ! …FOR MONDAY MARCH 16, 2020…
- ***MONDAY March 16th, 2020 *** Loro*** DIRECTED BY: Paolo Sorrentino*** INTERPRETED BY: Toni Servillo, Elena Sofia Ricci and Riccardo Scamarcio
- ***MONDAY March 9th, 2020 *** The Best of Youth*** DIRECTED BY: Marco Tullio Giordana*** INTERPRETED BY: Luigi Lo Cascio, Alessio Boni and Jasmine Trinca
- ***MONDAY March 2nd, 2020 *** The Best of Youth*** DIRECTED BY: Marco Tullio Giordana*** INTERPRETED BY: Luigi Lo Cascio, Alessio Boni and Jasmine Trinca
Viridiana by: Louis Bunuel
This entry was posted in Luis Buñuel and tagged Fernando Rey, Francisco Rabal, Joaquin Roa, José Calvo, Jose Manuel Martin, Luis Bunuel, Luis Heredia, Margarita Lozano, Silvia Pinal, Victoria Zinny. Bookmark the permalink.
early tuesday morning i was still running in my head some of the scenes of the film that kept aligning on the screen of my mind like if it was a giant slot machine that sometimes revealed some obvious or hidden brilliant concept that this band of maniacs managed to plant in this film…
it made me also realize how easy it would be to dismiss this work as lunatic buffoonery by the pious and institutionally mis-informed…
perhaps because i discovered monty phyton’s work in the dark caves of film houses not on television they have always impressed me as fully realized masters with all the imperfection of true geniuses…this was my second viewing of the film and the most important reading i’ve gained this time was the issue of frontal nudity in the characters of brian and mary-magdelene (?!?) which did more to destroy the long impossed taboos of religion with regards to sex and genitalia that millenias of judeo-christian repression and moral posturing…viva la libertad !
the commentary above refers to Monty’s Python= ” the life of brian” and not to Bun~uel’s ” Viridiana “