One of the joys which films provide too rarely is the opportunity to see a literate script handled intelligently. “The Lion in Winter” triumphs at that difficult task; not since “A Man for All Seasons” have we had such capable handling of a story about ideas. But “The Lion in Winter” also functions at an emotional level, and is the better film. Roger Ebert
- MONDAY 21st AUGUST – SLACK BAY (MA LOUTE), BY BRUNO DUMONT
- Cinematiki will be closed while Tom and Michelle are away. We will return August 21st with some more great films.
- MONDAY July 10th, 2017 *** The Prestige *** directed by Christopher Nolan ** starring Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansson
- MONDAY July 3rd, 2017 *** The Tango Lesson *** directed by Sally Potter ** written by Sally Potter ** starring Sally Potter, Pablo Verón, Morgane Maugran
- MONDAY June 26th, 2017 *** Orlando *** directed by Sally Potter ** starring Tilda Swinton, Billy Zane, Quentin Crisp