One of the joys which films provide too rarely is the opportunity to see a literate script handled intelligently. “The Lion in Winter” triumphs at that difficult task; not since “A Man for All Seasons” have we had such capable handling of a story about ideas. But “The Lion in Winter” also functions at an emotional level, and is the better film. Roger Ebert
- Aloha Cinematikeros !!! …how are you doing ?…my hope for all of us is that in this imposed state of siege called quarentine we are learning on how to sharpen our best human and survival qualities !!!…this too shall pass and we’ll see each other on the other side of paradise !!! with love and Aloha…JJ….
- HEADS UP ! …FOR MONDAY MARCH 16, 2020…
- ***MONDAY March 16th, 2020 *** Loro*** DIRECTED BY: Paolo Sorrentino*** INTERPRETED BY: Toni Servillo, Elena Sofia Ricci and Riccardo Scamarcio
- ***MONDAY March 9th, 2020 *** The Best of Youth*** DIRECTED BY: Marco Tullio Giordana*** INTERPRETED BY: Luigi Lo Cascio, Alessio Boni and Jasmine Trinca
- ***MONDAY March 2nd, 2020 *** The Best of Youth*** DIRECTED BY: Marco Tullio Giordana*** INTERPRETED BY: Luigi Lo Cascio, Alessio Boni and Jasmine Trinca
Totally agree with you, NikHi…
thank you for your comments, your passion and your attendance…
check THIS out! – from emanuel levy @ rotten tomatoes
the two lead actor-stars, Peter O’Toole and Katharine Hepburn, made the film quite enjoyable and commercial too. Hepburn, older in age than O’Toole (whose character is 50 but was in his 30s), shines as the shrewd and scheming queen, and the fact that she held the then alcoholic O’Toole in contempt, must have added spice to her performance; reportedly, at the end of the shoot, she spitted on his face.
– See more at: http://www.emanuellevy.com/review/lion-in-winter
THE LION IN WINTER… one of the BEST FILMS shown at the jj/ts cinematiki maui! can not believe it has taken me 45 years to see it; it came out my freshman year in college!!….
it is easily one of the best movies of all-time; INCREDIBLE acting and performances, riveting and top-notch dialogue, great musical score and an excellent historical time piece ….
there are additional interesting reviews and comments at “rotten tomatoes”; i need to go there more often, not only IMDB…
MAHALO once again for showing a GREAT film!